Saturday, August 9, 2008

Let the Games Begin

I am an Olympics fan. I watch every one, winter or summer. I volunteer at VANOC. I get giddy and teary-eyed at big emotion moments. I remember certain parts of my childhood solely because they revolved around the Olympics. So the Beijing Games started Friday, and my crazy viewing schedule began with the opening ceremonies.

There's a wee bit of a time difference to deal with this time around. The opening ceremonies started at 4am. (fine, the pre-show started then and the official start was 5am, but I've already mentioned I'm a fan). I woke up early, watched the ceremonies until 7am and only took a nap because I had somewhere to be Friday afternoon. It's now Saturday and I'm finally watching the end... of course I am recording everything too. I don't mess around.

I've got some catching up to do today, since I could only see part of the first competition day last night before crashing. The drunkeness of my party-going last night had everything to do it that. I saw the men's Urban Road race (very cool winding around the Great Wall) and most of the men's gymnastics team preliminary round. I'll get caught up on the remainder of Friday's events at about the time Saturday's events are being broadcast live. The plan is to be fully on the proper timeframe by tomorrow... assuming I can nap appropiately.

So I'm foggy and disoriented right now, but still very excited. w00t!!

No comments: